Friday, October 28, 2005

Sand and Haiku

Voice Messaging
Broken, hiccupping tones
Tragically convey one who
Tried, but failed, to call
Coney Lake Morning
Montaintop clouds
slip WHOOPS down the cliffs
A tumbling avalanche of mist
Waiting
Waiting, I learn how
Our sweet embrace
Must last one year more
The Lindy
Mother, or Daughter?
We never know who leads
In our wild kitchen dance
Sentinels
Ancient boulders pose
in the tundra's twilight
spirits, watching my family
Log Bridge
Our eight feet must cross
this thundering icy stream
Four hearts make sure
Off
The cat's whiskers cast
A delicate, traced shadow
Get down now, I'm writing
Illegal
weak, I surrender
to tundra's invitation
lying on wildflowers
Meadow Mountain
Lightning preventing
A summit, we lay by the stream
Her head cupped in my arm

2 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger b1-66er said...

your writing leaves me
wanting to be anywhere
but here at my desk

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Janet McConnaughey said...

I really like The Lindy, and "Off" made me laugh. Thanks!

Um, I also really like "Blum," and Ogden nash, too. But ... well, here's the poem I remember, with the author's name.

http://tinyurl.com/36ybqu

The confusion could be because Nash included it in an anthology he edited. "The Moon is Shining Bright as Day" was a book I went through and through and through as a kid. :-)

janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home